Porsche has unveiled a limited-edition model exclusive to the Australian market, to celebrate 70 years of Porsche in Australia.
The Porsche 911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition will be available with either manual or PDK transmissions, with deliveries to commence from the end of 2021.
The edition is based on the new 911 GT3 with Touring Package (type 992).
It is the first time that Porsche has based a market-specific edition on a 911 GT product. Also, the first time a special edition has been created by Porsche for the Australian market.
“I congratulate Australia on such a significant milestone,” said Matthias Becker, Vice President Region Overseas and Emerging Markets at Porsche AG.
“I am pleased to see that the occasion is being celebrated in style with this sensational special edition, a sportscar that links right back to the start of our journey in Australia and that any Porsche enthusiast would be proud to own.”
The 911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition was designed in collaboration with experts from the Style Porsche design team, the Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur customisation department and Porsche Cars Australia.
Limited number of the edition will be produced, each painted in a new customised colour developed by Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur. The colour, Fish Silver Grey Metallic, is a modern interpretation of ‘Fish Silver Grey’, the colour of one of the first two Porsche 356 imported into Australia back in 1951.
“Exclusivity and customisation have been synonymous with Porsche for decades,” said Sam Curtis, Managing Director and CEO, Porsche Cars Australia.
“It is fitting that this special edition features exclusive elements that link back to one of the two first Porsche sportscars imported to Australia by Norman Hamilton 70 years ago.”
“The 911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition will be another special Porsche sportscar that I’m sure will excite fans of the brand for many years to come.”
The 911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition features a comprehensive list of additional specifications over and above the 911 GT3 with Touring Package:
• Exterior ‘Custom Colour’ in Fish Silver Grey Metallic
• Wheels painted in Dark silver with wheel rim borders painted in Fish Silver Grey Metallic
• Badge on B-pillar (both sides) with Australian flag and ’70 Years Porsche Australia Edition’ lettering in Silver
• Full bucket seats in leather Graphite Blue with seat inlays in Madraskaro check fabric in Graphite Blue and Crayon
• Dashboard trim painted in Fish Silver Grey Metallic with ‘GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition’ lettering in Black
• Centre console trim painted in Fish Silver Grey Metallic
• Storage compartment lid with embossing of logo ’70’
• Gear shift pattern on gear lever in Crayon
• Door sill guards in brushed Aluminium in Black with ‘GT3′ (illuminated) and ’70 Years Porsche Australia Edition’ lettering
• GT3 multi-function sports steering wheel with 12-o’clock marker in Crayon
• Vehicle keys painted in Fish Silver Grey Metallic
• Key pouch in leather in Black and Graphite Blue with stitching in Crayon
• Indoor-car-cover in Graphite Blue with piping in Crayon and ‘GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition’ lettering on the sides in Crayon as well as the ‘Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur’ logo on the front in Crayon
The following specifications are standard on the edition over and above the 911 GT3 with Touring Package:
• Chrono Package including preparation for lap trigger
• Light Design package with additional ambient lighting
• Touring package exterior painted in Black (tailpipe trims and side window sills) but with ‘PORSCHE’ logo on rear painted in Lightsilver
• Tinted LED main headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
• Brake calipers painted in Black (high-gloss)
• Wheels painted in satin Darksilver
• Lightweight full bucket seats with Porsche crest embossed on headrests
• Roof lining and sun visors in Race-Tex
• Leather interior Exclusive Manufaktur in two-tone combination of Graphite Blue and Black
• Loud speaker trims painted in interior colour
• Cup holder trims in leather
• Extended Package Leather interior Exclusive Manufaktur
• Storage package
• Interior package with decorative stitching in Crayon
• BOSE Surround Sound System
The most conspicuous difference on the exterior is the omission of the fixed rear wing of the 911 GT3. The necessary downforce at high speeds and even more understatement are guaranteed by an automatically extending rear spoiler. Silver-coloured trim strips made of high-gloss anodised aluminium on the side windows are another distinguishing feature.
The front end is painted completely in the exterior colour. The interior with extended leather items in Black is particularly elegant and is available exclusively for the GT3 with Touring Package. The front of the dashboard and the upper side sections of the door trim panels have special surface embossing.
911 GT3 with Touring Package: $369,700
911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition: $494,400
Note: These prices do not include government or dealer delivery charges. Driveaway pricing is available via the Porsche Car Configurator at porsche.com.au/