It is longer and wider than ever before to provide a more spacious cabin particularly in the rear seats.
Luggage capacity is pretty good at 480 litres and a 40:20:40 split-fold back seat lets you juggle people and cargo.
A 12.3-inch high-resolution instrument cluster provides customisable key information. It is designed to seamlessly integrate with the 10.25-inch central touchscreen that operates the key vehicle functions.
BMW’s new Intelligent Personal Assistant is designed to make life easier. It responds to voice prompts, and becomes instantly ‘live’ when the driver says “Hey BMW”. It learns and adapts to the driver’s habits and occupants’ cabin preferences over time.
BMW 330i uses a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine with 190kW and a big torque spread 400Nm that goes from 1550 to 4400rpm. Zero to 100km/h is just 5.8 seconds.
The 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine in the 320d develops 140kW, with 400Nm torque from 1750 to 2,500rpm. Zero to100km/h is quoted as 6.8 seconds.
BMW’s M Sport Package is standard on both 320d and 330i, the Luxury Line is a no-cost option.
THE M SPORT PACKAGE:
– BMW Individual High-gloss Shadow Line, with black window frames and air breather surrounds
– M Aerodynamics Package with aerodynamic front and rear bumper sections and side sills
– BMW Individual interior Headliner in Anthracite
– M Leather steering wheel with multifunction buttons
– Interior trim finishers in Aluminium Tetragon
– 18-inch M light alloy wheels in bicolour, double-spoke design (320d)
– 19-inch M light alloy wheels in bicolour, double-spoke design (330i)
– M Sport Brakes (330i)
– Leather Vernasca upholstery
– Interior trim finishers in fine-wood, high-gloss ash grey
– Sport leather steering wheel
– Instrument panel in sensatec
– Sport seat for driver and front passenger
– 18-inch light alloy wheels in bicolour, multi-spoke design (320d)
– 19-inch BMW Individual light alloy wheels in bicolour, double-spoke design (330i)
New BMW 3 Series will initially be launched with rear-wheel drive, the xDrive all-wheel-drive M340i M Performance is schedule for later in 2019.